Sunday, January 4, 2009

17 miles run trial, failed

I try to run 17 miles (That's 4 miles more than a half Marathon) today; but end up danger myself.
I started my run shortly after 3PM, big mistake. I ran a hour and reach to San Jose Water facility at San Jose, big water tank there can be seen from sky. I turn around and still in good shape. I ran another 30 minutes or so and got pass under highway 85. Sun went down horizon (4:50pm) and temperature started to plunge ( feel like under 50F/10C). My arms and fingers feel icy cold and I couldn't run very well. I am not sure whether it was caused by temperature or it is my limitation for now (I was at about 12-13 miles) Anyway I struggled to run for another 10 minutes then I started to walk. After a while, I try to run again since it was getting really cold and dark inside the huge Vasona lake park. I feel a cramp coming up from my right leg. I was really scared, if I couldn't walk out the park myself, I could be in real trouble under such a cold weather (tonight is going to be below 40 and I don't have much cloth on)
Anyway the run and the view was nice but for sure doesn't worth the risk.

3 comments:

  1. I ran 1hr 58 minutes before I slowed down to walk. Then walk/run/limp about another 25 minutes to get back to my car. If I could keep running, it should have taken me 10 minutes only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to run 3 miles every other day like training program suggested. I ran 3 miles along airport side creek bed, not bad actually, kinda warm. I should keep a pair of short and tower in my car so I can change.
    Later when sun light last longer, I can take light rail and run certain stops, this needs a good plan. I think the train let you get use to distance. Right now I still feel 3 miles (or 5K) is a long distance. If I can run that without feeling anything, I should be ready for Marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did my 30 mins run today before lunch. I don't know how long, maybe 4 miles. I feel good.

    ReplyDelete