Friday, January 2, 2009

Marthon basic

Start from a pair of good light weight running shoes. Mine are Nike air zoom Run, weight only 10 oz per shoe at men's size 10.
And how to tie your shoe laces correctly so them won't get lose
link at http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/ianknot.htm

And lots stretch before and after your run.

If you get blister, invest in a pair of good socks for long distance run, which does not absorb and hold moisture but wick and dissipate it out. Maybe wear shoes half size larger would help too. I had blister problem after about 10 miles but went away after I applied both methods.

Right now I need to cut my "jumping" and move faster horizontal (I did too much hill training). I didn't know that until Dec 30th 2008. I was passed by a Marathon runner (his sweater says so) and I had a good chance to spot him run from behind. He was faster then me and I found he has much less "jumping" than me. I corrected myself at second half of my run and felt much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment