Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nike Lunarlite trainer

I just bought a pair of Nike Lunarlite trainner at full price ($100+tax). I know there is website providing 20% discount on their shoes, yet I couldn't wait another two weeks for them to arrive, my feet hurt due to continuous long run without enough resting.
They are kind of dorky look, yet Nike built these shoes with some new NASA foam to provide well cushion yet maintain extreme light weight. The pair on the left is my favorite Nike Zoom Explosion Run 2, which weight only less than 10 oz for men's size 10. The pair on the right is the Lunarlite trainner. Looks a little fat but weight only 9.7 oz for men's size 9. I had to buy men's size 10.5 and I don't know how much exactly they weight. Feel a little more than my explosion, yet they provide much more cushion. Too bad I can't fit in the Lunarlite racer, which doesn't come with wide size, yet they are much lighter, like 6 oz. I hope Nike will build them later.
My plan is to train my long runs in Lunarlite to minimize the damage to my feet. As for real marathon race, I may just use explosion for fast result. I mean, I can have a whole week to recover from it. While I am on shoes, I like to show my Tideline picture when they are new, not wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment