Thursday, March 5, 2009

I so did 20 miles run

I did my 20 miles run this morning. Being afraid of return trip at night may encounter rain, I went and park my car at light rail station, run 30 minutes toward Los Gatos, then double back toward San Jose. Since it's a such a long run and estimated will take 2 hrs and 30mins, I have to have some sport drink with me so I have two water flasks attach on my running belt (see picture). Then it turns out they are too heavy when filled for me and I ran terrible the first 30 mins with those two extra weight. I end up retrun to my car and keep my windbreaker and one bottle back to my car. Afterwards, I ran much freely like gliding with only one 3/4 full of bottle attach to my belt, that's after one hour of running already. When I ran back on trail at Winchster, that was 1 hour 10 minutes into running already. I continue to run with help from two energy gel packs and some sports drink. I ran another hour with no problem, but then the trail was damp due to overnight rain. Eventually my feet got wet and I have a blister on my left foot. I had to change my running pattern to compensate that. After about two hours 20 minuts of running, I ran into my wall, my feet, my ankles, my legs and my waist all hurts. Yet I continue to push forward and end my run after 2 hours 38 minutes. that's 20 miles all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment