Friday, June 12, 2009

My next run (and post run photo)

Pacifica trail run 21KM
They also have 50km route, but I am not trained for another long distance run yet and there are a colleague at work and his friend will also run. Although it's just another half marathon distance (which I do almost weekly or bi-weekly). But this trail has 3000ft elevation difference, so it could be another challenge. And it has very few aid station, so I have to carry my own water/sport drink, lucky i have Camelbak. Here are two different maps.


(Post-run update) Ok, I did it this weekend, The trail is narrow at most of places. For 4/5 of course, if anyone want to pass, we have to make arrangement (like one stop at side). And the uphills are steep and long. I managed to run all the uphill at first part, but I lost my strength at second course when encounter uphill, However, I still manage to run all the not so uphill and downhills. My total time is 2 hrs 50 mins, not very great but I did it. Two photo are taken after the run, see how dirty my shoes and legs are? I am not so tired after the run. Oh, I think I definitely need to lose weight, most of runners are much lighter than me. That's why they can run uphills.

No comments:

Post a Comment